Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Overbite - Review

• Paperback: 304 pages

Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks (February 7, 2012)

Meena Harper has bitten off more than she can chew . . .

Meena has a special gift, but only now does anyone appreciate it. Her ability to predict how everyone she meets will die has impressed the Palatine Guard—a powerful secret demon-hunting unit of the Vatican—and they’ve hired her to work at their new branch in Lower Manhattan. Sure, Meena’s ex-boyfriend was Lucien Antonescu, son of Dracula. But that was before he (and their relationship) went up in flames, and now she’s sworn off vampires for good—even though she firmly believes that just because they’ve lost their souls, it doesn’t mean they can’t love.

Convincing her new partner, über-demon-hunter Alaric Wulf, that vampires can be redeemed won’t be easy . . . especially when a deadly new threat arises, endangering not only the Palatine, but Meena’s friends and family as well. As she unravels the truth, Meena will find her loyalties tested, her true feelings laid bare . . . and temptations she never even imagined before nearly impossible to resist.



About Meg Cabot

Meg Cabot was born in Bloomington, Indiana. In addition to her adult contemporary fiction she is the author of the bestselling young adult fiction series, The Princess Diaries. She lives in Key West, FL with her husband.






Visit Meg Cabot at:

Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter


My Thoughts
Boy meets girl, girl has recently broken up with another boyfriend but is open to new romance, maybe.

Well, that isn't exactly the way it goes. Girl, by the name of Meena, can see when people will die but has a really hard time telling them (I can understand how that might be a little awkward). The ex-boyfriend is the Prince of Darkness, son of Dracula to be exact. The boyfriend wanna be is a straight laced, hero type, who hunts vampires. Of course the ex-boyfriend has not given up and would really like to renew the relationship. Add to this mix the new vampires in town. Now that's the makings of some very interesting conflict for sure.

Oh, and let's not forget the Pomeranian.

Meg Cabot has written a delicious little paranormal romance with lots of wit tossed in for good measure. I also like the little nod to Bram Stoker's Mina Harker with the name Meena Harper.

Overbite is the sequel to her novel Insatiable but this book stands on its own very well. I do plan on purchasing Insatiable just because I enjoyed this story so much.

If you like vampires and demons with your romance you will enjoy Overbite.










I received an advanced copy of this book from the publisher. I have received no monetary compensation, all opinions are my own.

9 comments:

  1. I am one of those naughty people who judges a book by it's cover!!
    This cover and this title would catch my eye and interest as soon as I saw it.
    Another great review.
    Hugs C

    ReplyDelete
  2. no vampires for me, but my second most favorite book, The Watchers is my first, is Thor and it is a dog that can detect werewolves. I love that book and have read it a half dozen times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the first two books of the Twilight series and decided I am not a vampire lover. But this one seems different. I might give it a try... thanks again for all your book reviews. If I ever run out of things to read, I come here for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good. I am willing to take a bite out of another vampire book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do find the most interesting books!!! The video looks funny, but I have lost my sound, am getting a new computer tomorrow! So I am kind of in between now. I'll come back and watch it on my new one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that this can be read as a standalone - I'm sort of gunshy when it comes to picking up a new series!

    Thanks for being a part of the tour. I hope you enjoy INSATIABLE as much as you did this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also like the name Meena for the same reason you said. The original Dracula is one one of my favorite books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Actually, this one is on my to read list already!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so intriguing, I really would like to read it. It would be like the 6th book about vampires I ever read.

    ReplyDelete

This is a Word Verification Free blog. Is yours?
No awards please.
Comments are always appreciated.